Monday, November 11, 2013

Safe and Decent Homes for Everyone!

I believe in a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live! That's what Habitat for Humanity stands for! 



I loved my Habitat for Humanity experience for three reasons. For these three reasons I agreed to try to help this team raise $1,000 in 30 days! Every dollar counts! If you can, please click here to donate.  

The first reason I loved my experience was very personal. My father was a home builder. As a child I use to love following him around while he worked. Stepping onto the Habitat for Humanity build site was like stepping back in time; the smell of the wood alone brought back vivid beautiful memories of my dad.  I felt like he was building right next to me the entire time. I miss him so much, it felt so real. So many wonderful and safe memories.  Fitting feelings, considering we were building a home.

Second, I got to spend the day with "My Girls!" There is a group of special, wonderful women I am blessed to call my friends. We don't get a chance to get together that often any longer, BUT, we managed to gather to help with this build!  It was one of our most memorable times together. I'm not sure we've actually been together since, but, I am so happy we experienced this build together. 


Finally, the MOST amazing part of the build was two fold, first, the young mother who was going to be moving into the house, worked with us the entire time! Then, Habitat for Humanity invited our team back to meet the family on the day they were presented with the keys to their new home! We all cried with joy as the young couple and their children were presented their keys. Talk about emotional. Better than a Christmas morning. Each of our team presented to them a different gift. I can't express how deeply moved we all were. 


So, when the Habitat group asked if I'd be willing to help, I said OF COURSE!  30 women to help raise $30,000 in 30 days. We are each aiming to raise $1,000 in 30 days! I hope you'll share in our passion and help Habitat for Humanity continue to "mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting providing home ownership as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty."

If you can, please click here to donate what you can! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment