I always say, as you are NOT in/on every magazine, radiostation, billboard, newspaper, you do not need to be on every online medium. Instead, you choose were to spend your advertising money and time on based on where you'd receive your largest return on your investment.
So... here are the facts..
• Twitter is used by people/followers whose average age is 25.
• Facebook is used by people/profiles whose average age is 35 but it is important to note that the fastest growing demographic on Facebook is women between the ages of 55 and 65. A total of 500 million profiles on Facebook, with 50% of them sign-on daily to check their activity.
• LinkedIn is used by 50 million business people.
• Depending on the month, YouTube is the largest search engine after Google and Facebook.
Weaving your own web within the web.
You can access the Create an Ad section of Facebook, enter your targeted demographics (where they're located, age and sex) and see exactly how many of them have Facebook Profiles. This helps you determine if there enough of your targeted market on Facebook for you to spend your limited time on Facebook.
- You need to first create a Facebook Profile to do anything on Facebook.
- The Profile is often called a Friend’s profile page.
- The Profile page is traditionally used to connect with friends.
Facebook Business Pages
- Business or organization Pages are the same as a FAN or “Like” Pages. There are many advantages, demographic reports & business applications avalible with a Business Page.
- Unlimited Profiles can become your “Fans”.
- Pages are indexed by Google
- Do not show who the Profile Administrator(s) are, you can assign multiple anonymous administrators to the Page.
- Can be private or open
- Limited to 5,000 members
- Not indexed by Google
- Do show who the Profile Administrator(s) are, you can assign multiple administrators to the Page.
- LinkedIn Profiles are indexed by Google
- There are quality Groups on LinkedIn to join; some are closed and others are open
- Twitter Profiles are indexed by Google
- Recommended to customize your background/branding
- Videos uploaded to YouTube are indexed by Google
- Your YouTube videos can be used on your YouTube Channel, Facebook Page, Blogs & shared on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Recommended to customize your YouTube Channel's background/branding
I hope this post helps you add some additional direction to your online marketing strategy.